On 4/28/2023 the USGS published Discovery Brochures listing the detailed studies that they will prepare for the Hoosic and Mettawee Watersheds as part of the FEMA Region 1 Flood Insurance Rate Map updates underway.
The studies require detailed field surveys of structures crossing the rivers and of the river bed in selected areas.
The reaches are described below.
• Ladd Brook, Pownal
• Potter Hollow Brook, Pownal
• North Branch Hoosic River, Stamford
• Walloomsac River, Bennington and North Bennington
• Castleton River, Fairhaven and Castleton
• Mettawee River in Pawlet
• Wells Branch in Pawlet and Wells
For more information on the FEMA Map Update Process in Vermont please visit: bit.ly/fema-map-update