April Community Forums and Draft Reports - Please come!
Brandon, Barre City/Town, Brattleboro, Woodstock, Enosburg
Draft reports available now for all five studies.
- Brandon 4/06, 7:00-9:00 pm, Brandon Town Hall, 1 Conant Sq.
- Barre City/Town 4/16, 6:00-8:00 PM, Auditorium Alumni Hall, 20 Auditorium Hill
- Brattleboro 4/20, 7:00-9:00 pm, Marlboro College Graduate School, 28 Vernon St.
- Woodstock 4/23, 6:30-8:30 pm, Billings Farm & Museum Theater, 69 Old River Rd.
- Enosburg 4/30, 6:00-8:00 PM Emergency Services Building, 83 Samsonvillle Rd.
The Vermont Economic Resilience Initiative has facilitated community forums in five communities – Barre, Brandon, Brattleboro, Enosburg, and Woodstock – from October 2-29, 2014. The forums examined ways to improve economic resiliency for natural disaster impacted communities in the aftermath of Tropical Storm Irene. Through the Vermont Economic Resiliency Initiative, the State will analyze risks to public infrastructure, alongside economic activity, river corridorand flood data, to better mitigate future flood hazards and to ensure businesses rebound quickly.
For more on VERI please see Plan Today for Tommorow's Flood
ACCD staff invited each target community to provide public input to the following questions:
- What are the hazards and risk areas in the town?
- What worked structurally and what has already been done since Irene to protect infrastructure and to reduce risk to businesses?
- What still needs to be addressed in the interests of long-term security and sustainability?
- What information should the final report include and how should this information be presented?
In this second round of community forums in April the communities will have an opportunity to review, offer feedback, and rank proposed projects to decrease local flood risk.
Here are two of the draft community reports: